Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

CARLY PAIKER Q&A




Photos by me.


When i was in Sydney for MBFWA i was lucky enough to view Carly Paiker's latest collection of her jewelry line. I loved so many pieces! My favorite is the friendship inspired braclets featured in the first photo. Based on summer denim and pastel tones, the collection is fresh but wearable to any occasion.
Many of you know my love for staples- and although traditionally these are not staple jewelry pieces, they are a modern take on them. I would wear these day/night.
To see more visit her site HERE
I got to catch up with Carly and do a small profile on the designer who is just as lovely as her designs. 




WHERE ARE YOU RIGHT NOW?

 Drinking tea on my balcony watching the sunrise whilst checking (and replying) to emails!

WHAT DO YOU EAT FOR BREAKFAST ?
I don't say hello to the world without my english breakfast tea and then home made muesli with natural plain yogurt. Yum!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE ACCESSORY? 
This is forever changing but at the moment I would have to say my new stingray shagreen leather skull cuffs with coloured crystal eyes. I've been having fun layering different colour combinations every day this week. 

THE LAST THING YOU BOUGHT?
'The Gypset' the most amazing photo book detailing the lives of the wanderlust- the jet-set bohemians. The photos in this book are so vibrant, so freeing and I am just obsessed.

 YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT TODAY?

 Having the Carly Paiker collection picked up by Fred Segal in L.A and receiving an email from Giuliana Rancic's stylist to say that Giuliana is a huge fan of the label after she wore the collection three days in a row on E! News.. I really had to pinch myself after that.

WHAT MAKES YOU SMILE?
Beach walks, sunsets, dhl delivering new jewellery samples, long summer days spent on the beach with friends, trawling through leather tanneries, homemade veggie soup on a cold rainy day, happy customers, my mums old photo albums from the 70's, gemstone factories, celebs wearing  carly paiker, falling in love, frozen yoghurt, designing, long days spent sourcing in bali finished by cocktails on the beach, vanilla cupcakes with pink icing, bubble baths, jewellery boxes, morroccan wedding blankets i could go on!


WHAT MAKES YOU FROWN?
Pleather 

 WHAT IS YOUR YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE?
She took the leap and built her wings on the way down.

 IF YOU COULD CHANGE ANY ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 
That we would have an eternal summer! 

IF YOUR LIFE COULD BE SUMMED UP IN A SONG AT THIS MOMENT, WHAT WOULD THE SONG BE?

Jewel - hands


GIVE ME ONE ONE PIECE OF STYLE ADVICE
Wrist accessories are made to be layered... you can never have too many pieces of wristwear so don't worry about matching.. just wear the pieces you love and you will have an awesome 'arm party'.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE THIS!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow bows and arrows